Saturday, September 1, 2012

Macau


The day I went to Macau from Hongkong, customs was packed and I waited for close to 2 hours to clear the customs. Realized it was the mainland Chinese holiday. Totally packed.

And I did a ridiculous thing. In Macau, I tried to use my Hongkong Octopus card to board the bus. And I forgot to change money. I thought it was the same currency.

Now I know.

Anyway Macau people isn't really very friendly. So I figured my way around.

Reaching the port, Bus 3 to the tourism areas.


Senado Square (Largo do Senado)  
The Senado Square is a paved area in the center of Macau enclosed by the buildings of the Leal Senado, the General Post Office, and St. Dominic’s Church. The square is paved in the traditional Portuguese pavement. The main road of Macau's historic centre, Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro passes through the square. The square is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Historic Centre of Macau".

This is a place to be visited with your spouse because it gives off such a spanish feel. Totally romantic.
  

  

Egg tarts which I did not like.
  
My fav food there. 'Steamboat' with curry sauce. Delicious!

 
Cheong Fun - the simple way.

And the fast selling BBQ Pork and chicken and beef, which was really addictive.
Tau Huay. Water with lots of sugar.
Pork Bun. Which was nice!

Everyone was recommending this fresh milk dessert. The taste was too strong for me. 


Ruins of St. Paul's.Built from 1582 to 1602 by the Jesuits, the cathedral was the largest Catholic church in Asia at the time, and the royalty of Europe vied with each other to bestow upon the cathedral the best gifts. With the decline in importance of Macau, which was overtaken as the main port for the Pearl River Delta by Hong Kong, the cathedral's fortunes similarly ebbed, and it was destroyed by a fire during a typhoon in 1835.
Museum of Macau.



The place I can stay there for hours. Macau Fisherman Wharf. 
The wind. The atmosphere. The structures. Love! 
Its a mixture of Greek and Spain architecture.
 









 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...